Core competencies and values:
1. A life distinguished by his or her relationship in Jesus Christ; character and actions indicative of a person ever changed and challenged by God.
2. Transparency in struggles and shortcomings and evidence of a desire to grow/mature in Jesus Christ.
3. Ability to cultivate strong relationships, mentor, and be mentored. Trustworthy and keeps confidences.
4. Compassionate, non-judgmental, generous spirit. Teachable.
5. Ability to listen, actively hear individuals’ stories, and strive toward encountering people as Jesus would.
6. An ability to communicate biblical principles, life journey lessons, and personal faith using metaphors and cultural symbols common to unchurched as well as Christians.
7. Intentionality in unity, service, and commitment to the vision and mission of Lighthouse Church. See http://lighthousechurchfargo.org/about/what-we-teach/ and http://lighthousechurchfargo.org/about/what-to-expect/
8. A working understanding of recovery principles and programs. Ability integrate them into traditional church settings as well as discipleship and community engagement contexts.
9. Desire to lead and work in the development and implementation of organizational and program initiatives.
10. Develop disciplines and skills to accomplish initiatives, mentor and delegate, and maintain healthy relationships.
11. Self-initiation and self-motivation while being able to work well with others from a variety of churched and unchurched backgrounds.
12. Adaptability as the church grows and its needs change.
13. Encourage colleagues on staff at Lighthouse Church, as well as lay leaders, board members, and community leaders in their various roles; assist where possible to foster their success and the success of the overall mission of Lighthouse; and purposefully ask for help through these relationships.
Basic ministry responsibilities:
1. Ministry to and with youth in grades 6-12.
2. Ministry to and with young adults.
3. Look for and encourage Lighthouse community connections and develop ministries that engage and support at-risk parents in the context of ministering to their children. For example, families in distress, single mothers, returning citizens in a non-reconciled state with their children, etc. who could benefit through other ministries and relationships in the Lighthouse community.
4. Development of outreach/evangelism in assigned areas of ministry.
5. Development and leadership of life/growth groups (small group ministry).
Other possible areas of competency and ministry involvement.
1. Worship leadership (musical or otherwise).
2. Outreach and evangelism.
4. Pastoral counseling.
Education and preparation:
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent ministerial experience.
2. Additional education and training in specialized areas such as youth, worship, counseling, or recovery preferred.
3. Lay work or life experiences that translate into ministry credibility with youth and young adults. Or are just cool!
1. The plan is to create a full time position, but we are open to part-time alternatives as we move forward.
2. Individuals are welcome to apply who do not meet all the criteria, feel called to ministry, and are committed to following Jesus Christ in addressing the gaps. Candidates in this situation should indicate in the cover letter the areas in which they do not meet the criteria and how they would envision additional education and training being beneficial.
3. The position is responsible to the senior pastor and serves at his/her discretion.
4. Hours vary depending on the needs of the ministry (evenings and weekends), but candidate needs a rich work-life balance with explicit self-care routines and time off.
5. Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply: send a cover letter, resume and references to Pastor Dale Wolf at the Lighthouse Church, 21 9th St S., Fargo, ND 58103
Email is acceptable,